Getaway Registration Info:
Agoura Hills and Santa Monica
Friday March 23 – Monday March 26, 2018
March 24th, Saturday: GETAWAY APPETIZER COMPETITION
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Happy Hour and Club Member Appetizer “Competition”
In the hotel breakfast room. On the main floor of the hotel.
Bring your favorite appetizer, to share, which will be judged by club member’s.
The appetizer with the most votes will win a very nice prize.
30255 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills CA 91301
800.426.7866 or 818.597.0333
Non Smoking – standard double queen – $142
Non Smoking – studio king $152
Group Code: “DTH“
Getaway Dinner: CLOSED
Grissini Restaurant, 30125 Agoura Rd, Agoura Hills, CA 9130 on Friday March 23, 2018 – 5:30 Cocktails (cash bar) – 6:30 Dinner will be served Family Style per table. Dinner will consist of: 3 appetizers (Bruschetta, Calamari Fritti, Mozzarella Fritta); 2 Salads (Caesare and Mista Italiana); 3 entrees (Lasagna Bolognese, Filet of Dover Sole, Pollo Parmigiana); Dessert (Tiramisu); 1 beverage (Soda or Coffee).
You must have prepaid & registered for Dinner prior to March 09, 2018.
You are requested to register for the hikes that you are interested in, prior to March 10, 2018, so we can be sure to have enough Hike Leaders so everyone can get on the hikes of their choice. Then, after March 10, 2018, closer to the getaway we will ask you to review the available hikes using the Hike List & Details link in the menu on the right hand side of this page and finally you will be able to register for your hikes at the getaway.
Hike Trail Heads:
When the hikes are actually selected and published you will be able to locate the hike trail heads by using the Trail Heads link in the menu on the right hand side of this page. This information is available March 15, 2018.
Things to do:
Near Agoura Hills:
- The Gardens of the World:
- Closed Mondays and during inclement weather. Call 805-557-1135 to check. Admission is free. 5 miles north in Thousand Oaks. Just off the 101.
- Reyes Adobe Historical Site:
- Open Saturday 2-4 pm. Docent-led tours. Donations welcome.
- Santa Monica Mountains–Things To Do:
- The M*A*S*H Site:
- The Getty Center:
- Closed Mondays. Parking lot opens 9:30; costs $15, $10 after 3pm. Admission free. About 25 miles.
- The Getty Villa:
- Closed Tuesdays. Open 10-5 Wednesday through Monday. Parking $15; $10 after 3pm. Admission is free; an advance, timed-entry ticket is required. About 24 miles.
- The Reagan Library:
- Open 10-5 Monday through Sunday. Parking is free. Admission (includes the Genghis Khan exhibit): Seniors $22. (See https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/museum/current-exhibits for info on the Genghis Khan exhibition.) About 13 miles.
Mary Barlow & Diane Stielstra have taken on the task of organizing the 2018 Getaway.
Keep your eyes peeled for more information in the near future.